Sunday, September 9, 2012

Socks!


As I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, I really need to get some socks made.  Last year was the first year I made my aunts socks for Christmas.  I believe they were well received so I’d like to make this a traditional item for them.  This time last year I was done with all three pairs.  To date I only have one pair completed.  I’m partially done with the second pair.  For this pair I am using Patons Kroy Socks on a size 2 needle.  The pattern is by Knitting Pure & Simple called Beginner’s mid-weight socks (242).  Now, I am not a beginner anymore but I think this is one of the best patterns and it is great for self-striping yarn.  I have actually used this pattern so much that if I don’t keep it in the plastic sleeve I’m afraid it will fall apart.



This is another thing I LOVE about After This Row, not only does it help me keep track while I'm knitting my project, I can use the pages for future reference. I kept each of my project sheets that I used while making each of their socks.  Now all I have to do is transfer the notes to my new page!  No re-calculating for their sizes – I’ve already done it!  No re-inventing the wheel! I saved everyone’s project sheet I've made socks for.  It just makes my life so much easier.  

My friend Marjorie said this, “I'm using your sock form to keep track of rows and gauge, so the next time I make these socks (and I can see me making them often) I can rely on rows rather than measurements so they will always be the same.  I really like having an organized method of keeping track of my projects!”  



Check out the yarn Marjorie is using for this pair of socks – so cute.  It looks like watermelon.  Marjorie said she would send me a picture of her completed socks – can’t wait!

Send me pictures of your socks, finished or in progress, and your After This Row project sheet (joyce@afterthisrow.com).  I’d love to see them and put them on my blog. 

Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment