Thursday, March 7, 2013

Neglectful



I have been so neglectful of this blog!  I don’t have an excuse but I do have a reason, my daughter is on a dance team and her competition season begins in December and ends in March (February being the busiest).  I love to watch her compete but it takes up a lot of my time – practice 4 nights a week and some of the competitions run 2 days and those that don’t take up an entire day.  I often feel I’m neglecting the men in my life – 2 boys, 1 husband (realistically I’m sure they’re fine with my schedule as I’m not home harping on them to do anything).  I know you can all relate – kids, work, housework, laundry, cooking, etc. leaves you with very little time.  It’s crazy; admittedly, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

One of her competitions took us to Florida where the girls performed at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Center.  My daughter was so excited to be competing here and I was excited for her.  Fortunately, the weather was good (high 60’s to low 70’s) and we were able to enjoy one day at Disney.  I kept my family up to date by texting and sending pictures of our goings on.  (I think my husband called me a brat… He was home in below 0° weather and shoveling snow).   Here are a few pictures I sent.

Before this trip I only saw this on TV!
 
My Dancer stunting in front of the castle - having jeans on made this a little difficult.

Me - being a brat.


How much knitting have I done?  Not as much as I usually do – some of the venues are just not right for me to knit. I didn’t get any knitting in on the Florida trip, not even during the flights.  I napped on the flight out and I believe I napped on the flight home as well.

What Knitting have I done?  Well, my spaghetti sweater is no further than it was at my last post.  I’m getting really close to that deadline – April 14th.  I did order more yarn and I was right they did not have the same dye lot – it’s totally my fault I shouldn’t have waited as long as I did.  As I mentioned – I think I’m good for the sleeves just not the edging.  I ordered a little extra so I could possibly squeeze in a pair of fingerless gloves – we’ll see.




I did finish knitting my little shrug from Cascade yarns – notice I said “finished knitting”.  I still have to block it and weave in all those ends.  I really like the colors – do you think I can wear it this spring or do you think it screams fall/winter and I should put it away ‘til then?




The Ellipses Shawl by Rosemary (Romi) Hill was something I was able to knit pretty quickly and I just love it.  I knit it out of Brooks Farm Solo Silk that I had in my stash.  I have
approximately 4 rows to knit before binding offI think it turned out beautifully. 

Oh and congratulations to the Romi's Studio group on Ravelry they just reached 5000 members this week!  Very cool!  I chatted with them while knitting my Ellipses and they have some awesome members, they were all so nice.  They made me feel welcome from my very 1st post – love that!  





I have one other update, Schultz; he is 6 months old now and just over 73 pounds.  Dog hair is all over my house, what I vacuum up he replaces it seems immediately.  My husband walks him almost every day and they both enjoy that. When it warms up I’ll walk with him, as I’m sure I’ve mentioned I am not a fan of cold weather.  My husband took these pictures last week, I’m still amazed at how big he is for 6 months and we still expect him to be, at least, another 40 pounds.






Thanks for stopping by and happy knitting!

Joyce
www.afterthisrow.com

1 comment:

  1. Schultz is such a handsome boy and deserving of special scritches behind the ears from me! You've been a busy girl - love the colors you're knitting with.

    ReplyDelete