Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back From Vacation

Hi Knitters,

I feel bad,  I set up my blog and then headed for vacation.  I guess it was bad timing but I'm happy to have something to write about.

Do you plan your vacation knitting projects before or after you pack your clothes?  Several times I have waited until I've packed my clothes before I decide what project I'm taking with me.  Of course this is always last minute because after I press my clothes I don't want to stick them in the suitcase too soon - I don't like to be wrinkled.  In the end, I don't leave myself enough time.  There were several items I wanted to get started on (I'm already thinking about holiday gifts) but I didn't have time to wind the yarn, find the needles, find the pattern etc.  Next time - I'm doing my project planning first.

Fortunately,  I did have a couple of portable projects already on the needles so they went with me.  Pictured below is the Cupido Cowl I made for my girlfriend Lisa. It turned out great!  The camera does not pick up the beautiful texture of the yarn (elsebeth lavold - Silky Wool) but I am very pleased with it.  I do still have to block it.  Does anyone have a good way to block cowls?  I"m afraid if I block it flat I will end up with seams.  If it were for me I would probably not bother to block it but since it's a gift I would like to.











Vacation was a lot of fun, we drove out east, saw the Statue of Liberty up close and personal (she is very beautiful). Visited family, and spent a couple of days on the beach.  I have to tell you one thing that did happen to me.  We were staying with friends and on our last morning there I decided to take the towels we used downstairs to their laundry room. I stepped onto the second step and went right down on my butt and continued to slide down the last 3 or 4 stairs (I don't know if that count is right - I was seeing stars!)  That was a few days ago now and my bottom is still sore.  Until you hurt that portion of your body you don't really realize how much you use those muscles - getting in and out of the car just about killed me.  Needless to say,  I did most of the driving on the way home because sleep was impossible and I couldn't get comfortable in any position.


I did make it back in time for the Chicago Yarn Crawl.  It starts today and runs through the 11th. Many shops are participating, it will be a lot of fun.  Visit www.chicagoyarncrawl.com to see the complete list.

Also, I will be appearing at Elgin Knit Works (www.elginknitworks.com) Thursday, August 9th from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.to demonstrate After This Row and answer any questions.  Three e-books will be given as raffle prizes among other fun things.  Please stop in and see me, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment